- For original version, see AWP.
AWP-Z is a zombie virus infected sniper rifle that holds 10 rounds of .338 Lapua Magnum at a time, based on the famous AWP. When wielded, the player will run faster and shoot accurately. This effect is only applied to Zombie Escape, Zombie Scenario and Human Scenario.
- Very high damage
- Very accurate
- High knockback power
- Movement speed is as fast as a zombie when equipped
- Effect only applied to certain modes
- Sold at limited time
- Purchasable with cash points only
- Expensive price
This weapon was released alongside Hitchhiking on:
- South Korea: 20 June 2013.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 25 June 2013.
- China &
Japan: 26 June 2013. Indonesia: 26 October 2013. Singapore/Malaysia: 15 January 2014.
- This weapon's weight is lighter than the Steyr Scout in Zombie Escape, making it a good replacement.
- In normal matches and Zombie Modes, this weapon shares similar performances with the AWP.
- In Zombie Modes, pair this weapon with a high-magzine-sized pistol such as Dual Infinity or Calico M950 for higher survivalbility.
- In Zombie Scenario, the weapon's performance is better than the original AWP. Each shot deals 1000 ~ 2000 damage to bosses while the original one needs 2~3 shots to achieve that damage, considering that the firepower has already been maxed.
- A 10 rounds of AWP-Z can do 10000 ~ 12000 damage to bosses provided that the firepower has been maxed.
- Similar to Zombie Scenario, the firepower in Human Scenario to bosses is higher than AS50 but lower than Barrett M95 making this weapon good for beating Titans and Bosses.
Comparison of AWP
- Speed increase in ZE/ZS/HS modes (+10 speed)
- Higher damage to zombies
- Same accuracy (100%)
- Same rate of fire (26%)
- Same weight (18%)
- Same recoil (30%)
- Same high knockback and stun
- Same ammunition type
- Same magazine and reserved ammo (10/30)
- Same reload time (2.5 seconds)
- More expensive (+$50)
- Obtainable with cash points and during events only
- This is the only infected weapon in Counter-Strike Online so far.
- This is the first bolt action sniper rifle that has the bolt correctly located on the right hand side.
- The hand model shows a half-infected human, and it will not change despite using different characters. It is also the only weapon that is held without gloves.
- Although, the AWP-Z increases the player's movement speed in Zombie Escape, players with this weapon equipped would still not be able to compete with an actual zombie's movement speed for balancing reasons.
- Accuracy International Arctic Warfare at Wikipedia.