- This weapon has Part System installed.
This is an Italian semi-automatic shotgun manufactured by Benelli. It is fed with 7 shotgun shells of 12 Gauge. It has a fast firing speed due to its semi-automatic function. It has lower recoil and it's lighter than the previous version, Benelli M3 but it has lower clip size and does lower damage.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- Purchasable by both Counter-Terrorist and Terrorist
- Moderate damage
- Very high stun to zombies
- High rate of fire
- Light weight
- Can be fired when reloading
- Faster reload time compared to other shotguns
- Low magazine capacity/reserved ammo
- Useless in middle to long range
- Expensive price
The XM1014 Red has the same performance except it does a higher damage of 1% and the appearance is blood red. It is only available for Internet Cafe players or through some certain events.
The BALROG-XI is an anti-zombie shotgun developed by Aegis Institute. When fired continuously, it will accumulate a grenade that can be used by right click that is very useful in wide range and can do fatal damage to zombies.
Tactics using M4
- Aim upper than head in middle range, as the bullets will spread below than the crosshair.
- Do not fire continuously except in very close range because it can make high recoil and wild spray pattern. It is also easy to run dry. It can hang the reload when this gun's ammo is dried while you are holding the fire button.
- Jumping does not affect the accuracy of this gun. Jump to avoid bullets and shoot at the same time.
Tactics facing M4 users
- Most of the players would not use M4 when playing normal matches due to low damage, low clip size, useless in middle to long range and wild recoil, albeit it's more practical than the Benelli M3 due to the high rate of fire so it could be only recommended in shorter ranges. So, its appearance is rare.
- Avoid direct and close combat with its user. Team up with teammates, so that the M4 user will not have enough bullets to kill all of you.
- A skilled player can use this to take down sniper users.
- M4 has very high stun. It makes zombies hard to move for each shot and some players like to combine it with strong melee weapons to deal high damage.
- Most of the M4 users in Zombie mods will try to attack with knife (Nata Knife is the most commonly used). It means they will get close to you after they stunned you. Use this as an advantage to infect them.
- When using heavy type zombies, jump to lessen the damage caused by M4 users.
- When using light type zombies, try not to jump when the user is aiming M4 at you. Like most shotguns, it will knock you far away, although you can use this as an advantage to escape from them especially if you are in low health.
- Most of M4 users would not spend their Deadly Shot on M4 but actually, a 7 round shots on zombies with Deadly Shot can deal 1820 ~ 3640 damage to zombies.
- : The M1014 is one of the Navy Seals's standard shotgun.
- : Used by Special Air Service.
- : Used by 707th Special Mission Battalion.
- Soy: Used in Zombie File.
- Lower recoil (-8%)
- Higher fire rate (+22%)
- Lighter (-5% speed reduction)
- Higher stun to zombies
- Shorter reload time (-0.8 seconds)
- Shares the same ammo type (12 gauge)
- Can be use by both teams
- Lower damage (-26)
- Lower clip size (-1)
- More expensive (+$1300)
- Lower knockback to zombies
- Lighter (-5% speed reduction)
- More accurate (+14%)
- Shorter reload time (-0.4 seconds)
- Purchasable with game points
- Higher stun power
- Same ammo type (12 gauge)
- Purchasable for both teams
- Lower knockback power
- More expensive (+$800)
- Lower magazine size (-1)
- Lower damage (-30)
- Cannot be upgraded
- This weapon's XM1014 designation is an artifact since the shotgun was modeled during its experimental stages in the US Army. Even though it's already adopted as the "M1014", the experimental designation remains as is, and continues to do so in all installments of Counter-Strike series.
- The railing system is more detailed in the Red variant, given that the model is a direct reskin from Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.
- The Benelli M4 has a custom bolt carrier release and charging handle.
- Benelli M4 at Wikipedia.