— SG/MY description
A disturbance had occurred in a young man's peaceful room.
Goal: Kill the opposing team to reach the designated point!
Tip: Use an item to use Strong Wide Attack or Special skills towards the enemy.
Checkmate features 9 items from Zombie: The Union. There are supply boxes that will help the players on the battlefield by giving them items to use as an advantage over other players. The players will respawn in 5 seconds after death.
The battle is on a big chessboard and players who fall from it will eventually die. Players will respawn on the chessboard and the match ends when the number of kills reaches the target.
This map was released alongside PKM on:
- South Korea: 13 October 2011.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 19 October 2011.
- China/Japan: 19 October 2011.
- Indonesia: 22 May 2013.
This map was released alongside Cart Rider Best Friend Package on:
- Singapore/Malaysia: 3 July 2013.
This map was released alongside Open Beta Test on:
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
|Invincibility||No damage received for 4.5 seconds.|
|HP Up||Increases maximum health points to 500 for 5 seconds.|
|Triple Damage||Triples the attack damage for 5 seconds.|
|Speed Up||Increases the movement speed of the user for 4.5 seconds.|
|Poison Bomb||Enemy health points will be reduced for a period of time within the impact radius. However, it cannot kill any enemy.|
|Nuclear Bomb||Releases a nuclear bomb to annihilate enemies and allies in the bomb radius.|
|Knockback||Knocks back enemies out of the impact radius.|
|Retard Bomb||Slows enemy movement for a period of time within the impact radius.|
|Snowman||Summons a suicide Pierrot to charge and explode at nearby enemies. Has 100 hit points and can be killed.|
- Checkmate is a term used after a player has captured his opponent's King in a chess game.
- There are 2 different skins for Pierrot of each team, Scenario Pierrot for terrorists and Snowman Pierrot for counter-terrorists.
- Checkmate's map theme is similar to Rats because the shrunken player's size.
- After Fun reboot update, the structure of this map is changed a bit.