The Colt Anaconda or simply Anaconda and also named .44 Magnum, is the first revolver appeared in Counter-Strike Online.
This is a revolver fed with 7 rounds of .50 Action Express ammunition. It boosts high firepower and accuracy, as well as decent recoil and fire rate.
- Short reload time
- Bullets can penetrate objects
- High damage
- Low recoil
- Light weight
- High rate of fire
- High accuracy
- Low magazine capacity
- Main article: Sapientia
This is a modified version of Colt Anaconda fed with 7 rounds of .50 AE Holy, a special ammunition made by holy water. Upon hitting zombies, the holy water will give an afterburn effect to the enemies.
Tactics using Anaconda
- Use it in close to medium battle, as it is not very accurate in long range.
- It shouldn't be used to deal with zombies in long range due to the damage decreasement over range.
- It is best to use it only if you ran out of ammo with the primary weapon to either escape or finish off the zombie.
Comparison to Desert Eagle
- Cheaper (-$50)
- Higher rate of fire (+2%)
- Same recoil (30%)
- Same weight (0% speed reduction)
- Same clip size (7 rounds)
- Longer reload time (+0.1 seconds)
- Lower damage (-8)
- Less accurate (-23%)
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 30 September 2008
- China: 7 January 2009
- South Korea: 21 January 2009
Singapore/Malaysia: 1 November 2010
- CSN:S: 23 September 2014 (Craft)
Vietnam: 26 March 2015 (Craft)
Cocking the hammer
- This is the first revolver that appears in Counter-Strike Online.
- In real-life, Colt Anaconda can only be fed with .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt cartridges.
- The in-game caliber was likely due to Anaconda being originally planned as a skin for the IMI Desert Eagle, before it was released as a standalone weapon
- On the early release of Anaconda, it used Desert Eagle's firing animation.
- The firing animation shows the player cocking the hammer after each shot, although this can be skipped by firing fast enough.
- The engraved words of "COLT ANACONDA .44 MAGNUM" can be seen on the weapon's barrel.
- The Anaconda's model has 7 cylinders, since it is modeled with the Desert Eagle's coding as a base.
- Its Counter-Strike Online 2 version has 6 cylinders instead of 7 with 36 reserved bullets instead of 35.
- This is the only cash weapon that neither has a permanent sale nor could be obtained permanently from Code Box in the Indonesia region.
- CSO Thailand was the only region that imposed a level restriction (2 and above), making the Anaconda purchasable with gamepoints. However, this region no longer exists.
- There was an HQ model of this weapon which includes a different animation and better hand texture quality. However, it was cut and replaced with lower quality model but the store preview still features the HQ one.
- Colt Anaconda at Wikipedia.