The Mk 48 is a light machine gun chambered with 120 rounds of 7.62 NATO cartridges that deals more damage than its original model, the M249. It has stable accuracy, moderate recoil and has a usable scope. However, this machine gun has low rate of fire and takes longer time to reload.
- Very high damage for a machine gun
- Stable accuracy
- Moderate recoil
- High clip size
- Can zoom via scope
- Light weight for a machine gun
- High stun to zombies
- Low rate of fire
- Expensive bullet
- Inaccurate at long range
- Long reload time
- Low knockback power
- 120 rounds of Mk 48, can deal 3960 ~ 7920 damage to zombies.
- Due to low rate of fire, this weapon is not excellent in engaging Heavy zombie and 'Berserk' Regular zombie in ducts.
7.62 NATO. It is developed by the Aegis Institute and based on the Belgian MK48. It is equipped with the Thanatos Blade System which can deal continuously high damage to multiple targets inside the blades' radius.
Aegis Institute based on the MK48, this machine gun is fed with 120 rounds of 7.62 NATO. It is applied with Vulcanus Parts System making it able to release laser trails which follow-through bullets along with a missile launcher to finish off multiple targets in a large area of effect.
- South Korea: 23 February 2012.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 6 March 2012.
- China: 7 March 2012.
Japan: 14 March 2012. Indonesia: 16 January 2013. Singapore/Malaysia: 26 February 2014. Turkey: 6 August 2014.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
This feature has been removed in all regions
FN Mk 48 could undergo Weapon Enhancement to upgrade its performance. It got officially removed from CSN:S during an unknown update in 2019-2020
|Rate of fire||x||x||x||x||x|
x = available, - = not available
As of an unknown update, the Rate of Fire and Recoil enhancements don't have much effect. Both change the stat by just 0.1 point for each enhancement. The best enhancement for this weapon is to ignore both and apply all 8 to the other stats, which can all be completely maximized.
Comparison to SKULL-7
- Higher damage to humans (+2)
- Lighter (-3%)
- Cheaper ammo cost (-$120)
- Cheaper purchase price (-$3500)
- Can be enhanced
- More accurate (+1%)
- Same magazine size (120)
- Usable scope
- Higher recoil (+1%)
- Lower rate of fire (-3%)
- Lower reserve ammo (-40)
- Longer reload time (+0.7 seconds)
- Lower damage to zombies (-29)
- Its firing sound is nearly similar as M60E4.
- It is the third machine gun with a usable scope.
- On the holographic sights, the words "KNIGHTS ARMAMENTS CO." can be seen.
- Despite of being released officially in 2014, Singapore/Malaysia region has had the Mk 48 in the files since Culvert was released in 2012. While it went unsold during that duration, the Mk 48 can be still used - as players may obtain them from the Promotion reward boxes or Month of Fortune event (randomly).
- All regions removed this weapon's ability to be enhanced.
- Mk 48 machine gun at Wikipedia.