IMI (Israel Military Industries) Galil or IDF (Israel Defense Force) Defender is an assault rifle exclusive to the Terrorists in Counter-Strike series and Counter-Strike Online. It was added into the game since Counter-Strike 1.6.
Galil can hold up to 35 rounds of 5.56×45mm NATO at a time which is 5 more rounds than most assault rifles. It is an alternative assault rifle to the AK-47 and $250 cheaper than its counter-terrorist counterpart, the FAMAS F1.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- Has higher clip capacity than most assault rifles
- Cheap ($2000)
- High rate of fire
- Light weight
- Short reload time
- Good accuracy in long range
- Low recoil
- Low damage for an assault rifle
- Purchasable only for the Terrorists
- Low knockback and stun to zombies
- South Korea: 18 July 2013
- China: 24 July 2013
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 30 July 2013
- South Korea: 12 June 2014.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 24 June 2014.
- China &
Japan: 25 June 2014.
- CSN:Z: 15 April 2015.
Indonesia: 9 September 2015.
- Main article: FNC.
- Main article: Battle Weapons.
Tactics using Galil
- Aim for head in close battle.
- Fire in burst of two in medium and long ranges.
- This rifle is stable even when fired continuously.
- A 35 rounds of Galil can deal 910 ~ 1820 damage to zombies. It is recommended to target a normal zombie as the minimum health for a host zombie is 2000HP.
- Default dollar in Zombie Scenario is $7500. The player will pay $2000 for Galil and $1200 for 600 rounds of ammunition. There is $4300 left for the player to be used for other things.
- This weapon can deal multiple kills for zombies.
Comparison to FAMAS
- Higher rate of fire (+3%)
- Less expensive (-$250)
- Higher magazine size (+10)
- Shorter reload time (-0.5 seconds)
- Same damage (26)
- Same recoil (18%)
- Same speed reduction (-4%)
- Less accurate (-13%)
- No burst fire mode
- SAS: Seen in Battle Galil poster.
- Yuri: Seen armed by Yuri in a poster.
- ETA: Seen armed in poster.
- Guerrilla Warfare: Seen in Galil Maverick poster.
- The Galil in game is modeled after 7.62mm ARM variant instead of the Galil 5.56mm ARM.
- The fire selector further indicates that this was modeled after a semi-automatic civilian version.
- The purchase icons do show the 5.56mm ARM variant, albeit with the bipod removed.
- This weapon cannot be fired underwater.
- The first-person model is reused from Counter-Strike: Condition Zero model with its 1.6 animations.
- The world model is still using the one taken from CS1.6. This also happens to many other original Counter-Strike weapons when seeing their world model for each.
- When reloading, note that the top side is drawn in solid color.
- There is a "GUARDIAN" word printed on the body of the Galil Maverick.
- The Galil Maverick is the third weapon which has two magazines taped together after SKULL-5 and SPAS-12 Maverick. It also has two reload animations, similar to SPAS-12 Maverick.
- Galil at Wikipedia.