This item is no longer obtainable.The HK23E is a belt-fed, light machine gun that can hold 100 rounds of 5.56 NATO per belt container. It boasts high magazine capacity and rate of fire. It also has better accuracy, lower recoil and is lighter when compared to other machine guns. However, it should be noted that the HK23E has lower damage compared to any other machine gun.
- High rate of fire
- Purchasable for both Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists
- Low recoil for a machine gun
- Short reload time (4.0 seconds)
- Cheap for a 100 rounds machine gun ($4600)
- Light in terms of weight for a machine gun
- Can undergo Weapon Enhancement
- Low damage for a machine gun (27)
- Less accurate in long range
- Low knockback and stun to zombies
- South Korea: 07 January 2010.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 26 January 2010.
- China: 27 January 2010.
Singapore/Malaysia: 23 November 2011.
- Indonesia: 29 August 2012.
Turkey: 23 May 2013.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 6 September 2011
- South Korea: 8 September 2011
- China: 28 September 2011
Singapore/Malaysia: 12 September 2012. Indonesia: 23 April 2014.
- CSN:Z: 1 April 2015.
Vietnam: 21 May 2015.
- Use this machine gun in close combat. In mid range combat, fire in bursts.
- In Zombie Modes, 100 rounds from a HK23E can deal 2700 ~ 5400 damage to zombies. It usually can kill a normal zombie without much effort.
- After purchasing the HK23E for $4600 and its ammunition for $1200, the player will have $1700 remaining. This machine gun is recommended as it has low purchase price and short reload time.
- Both the original and the Gold version can have its ammo to enhanced to +2 (5 bullets, each +1). It is recommended to enhance the damage and ammo due to the fact this gun deals low damage. This gun is one of the only two guns able to have more than 100 bullets in 74% or heavier machine guns (the K3 can get more than 100 too).
- HK23E Gold
The HK23E Gold can be only obtained via a Code Box. It shares the same performance with original version, but holds 20 extra rounds in a magazine, giving a total of 120.
- Main article: TURBULENT-7
A modified HK23E equipped with the TURBULENT Engine System. It has a significantly higher fire rate.
Comparison to M249
- Lighter (-3%)
- Cheaper (-$1150)
- Shorter reload time (-0.8 seconds)
- Same rate of fire (90%)
- Same magazine size (100)
- Share the same ammunition type (5.56 NATO)
- Lower damage (-1)
- Lower accuracy (-2%)
- The HK23 was originally intended to be a skin for the M249, before it was changed to a standalone weapon.
- Unlike most weapons with foregrips, the foregrip on the HK23 is installed at an angle instead of straight down.
- The charging handle automatically locks open when reloading, much like the UMP45.
- HK23E at Wikipedia.