- Counter-Terrorists: Rescue hostages from the Terrorists who have them detained somewhere in the small Italian village.
- Terrorists: Prevent the Counter-Terrorists from rescuing the hostages or eliminate all of the Counter-Terrorists.
Note: There are four hostages in this map.
- If you are armed with a sniper, you can head toward to the apartments and snipe enemies at the window if playing as Terrorists.
- Use smoke grenade to cover up your movements, flashbang to retaliate against enemy players and HE Grenade to make eliminating the opposing force easier or for distractions.
- Both close-range and long range weapons are recommended in this map depending on the environment the player is in.
- Jump on the barrel around the apartment catwalk, then leap to the top of the door, and hang around the top of the apartment building. This serves as good camping spot against zombies.
- Players can also camp at the pathway along the staircase on the far side of the map.
- Zombies can sucessfully break human camps with the aid of a zombie grenade or with their skill. Always be alert and use high knockback weapons to guard the camps and keep zombies away.
- Try not to wander away from human camps as you might just be an easy target for zombies unless you are skilled or there are very few zombies around and you have a good weapon.
- The breakable radio in Hostage Room near Terrorist Spawn Zone is playing an excerpt of Luciano Pavarotti's E Il Sol Dell'anima...Addio addio.
- There are 2 chickens which can be killed at the Market. Their models and death sound originates from a Quake 2 mod called Catch the Chicken.
- Parts of this map, such as the V-road near the CT Spawn and the market are replicated in Venice.
- It is possible that this map takes place in Florence, a famous city in Italy.