The JANUS Series is the third Anti-Zombie weapon series to be featured in Counter-Strike Online after the famous SKULL and BALROG Series. Similar to the BALROG weapons, the weapons in the JANUS Series were developed by Aegis Institute and built to combat zombies.
The main gimmick of the JANUS series is known as the Janus Transformation System, where the weapons are capable of firing unlimited rounds after activating the system. To activate this system, users must hit an enemy for a set amount of times. Once the system is ready, the telltale deep cackle can be heard, and for some weapons the crosshairs will change color. Pressing alt-fire will activate the JTS for a set period of time.
If the weapon's Janus form is not activated when it is ready, the weapon will return to its original state after a certain amount of time has passed, thus wasting it.
Unlike the series' predecessors, no new cartridges were built for the weapons, thus allowing weapons of their same caliber to share their ammunition pools.
So far, there are 6 weapons under the JANUS Series:
- Main article: JANUS-1
- Main article: JANUS-3
- Main article: JANUS-5
- Main article: JANUS-7
- Main article: JANUS-9
JANUS-7 Christmas Editon
This is a special edition of JANUS-7 released in 2015 Christmas Celebration Event. A special decoration has been added to celebrate Christmas.
- After the Craft update on 26 February 2015 of South Korea, these items were removed.
- Janus is the name of Roman god of beginnings and transitions, usually depicted with two faces: one facing the past, the other facing the future.
- The name may also originate from one of the month's names, January. Its origin can also arguably be from a Saturn moon of the same name.
- Unlike previous weapon series, this lineup doesn't feature any unique ammunition capabilities such as anti-zombie or incendiary, but it features the special "JANUS rounds", which can be only shot through certain conditions met.
- Interestingly, there is a bot named "Janus". This name was not present in the original CS 1.6, so it's presumed Nexon has added it in CSO (alongside "RealBob" etc.).
- This is the first Anti-Zombie weapon series to not start with a machine gun.
- Janus at Wikipedia.