- For the original version, see M249.
M249 Veteran is a special variant of M249 in Counter-Strike Online.
M249 Veteran is a machine gun that holds 100 rounds of 5.56mm. It is the first ever gun that has a quick melee way as its secondary attack, which allows you to respond better to close-quarter threats.
While the Comrade system is still available, this weapon is obtainable by accumulating 80 comradeship stars (for 7-day duration only). After Clan and Ranking Re:boot, the Comrade system was removed, players can obtain M249 Veteran (duration/permanent) through some certain events only.
- Details: Right-click to do a frontal melee attack with the gunstock.
- High damage
- Low recoil
- High rate of fire
- Light weight
- High magazine size
- Able to perform quick melee
- Can knock zombies even in Zombie Scenario
- Obtainable only through events
- Expensive price
- Long reload time
- Low accuracy
- Long melee recovery
- SAS: Seen in posters.
Comparison to Original M249
- Higher damage (+1)
- Lower recoil (-15%)
- Higher rate of fire (+1%)
- Lighter (-5% speed reduction)
- Can perform quick melee with secondary fire
- Same price ($5750)
- Same magazine size (100)
- Same ammo type (5.56 NATO)
- Same reload time (4.7 seconds)
- Hard to obtain
- Less accurate (-10%)
- When this weapon was first released, it has M249 Lezard Rouge etched on the receiver (see gallery) but later changed to 'M249 Veteran'. Also, its damage is reduced from 31 to 29 and rate of fire and weight also is reduced to the original variant.
- Lézard Rouge is French for Red Lizard.
- The receiver and the pistol grip are wrapped with red tape.
- There is a lizard print on the buttstock and magazine of this gun.
- This is the first weapon that can do melee whip with its buttstock, the second is M16A1 Veteran.
- There is a glitch in Indonesia region where players cannot fire at the owner of the M249 Veteran, unless killed by melee or grenades. This glitch also happened in Singapore/Malaysia region during M249 Veteran's first release, however it was fixed in the next update.
- M249 at Wikipedia.