- For original mode, see Zombie Shelter.
New Zombie Shelter is a complete expansion from the Old Zombie Shelter, with more features and new game mechanics.
While the Old Zombie Shelter is simply PvPvE, the new mode has two variations: Team Match and Co-Op. The new mode is also teamwork-oriented than the original, with teams taking care of one friendly shelter instead of a shelter for each individual.
Zombie Shelter: Coop
- Main article: Zombie Shelter: Coop.
- Goal: Annihilate the final target boss zombie or success to request for rescue.
- Tip: You will lose the game if your team's main shelter is destroyed or you fail to beat the main boss within 30 days.
Zombie Shelter: Team Match
- Main article: Zombie Shelter: Team Match.
- Goal: Destroy the enemy's main shelter.
- Tip: You will lose the game if your team's main shelter is destroyed.
- You need to collect the resources first. Collect enough wood and steel.
- Collect electricity to help with shelter defense and defend from the zombie's attack.
- The Black market will open from the one of 3 places at the basement entrance every day.
- If you fire the gun recklessly, the noise gauge will activate and zombies will approach here, so be careful.
- Try to set up the jobs and coordinates with your teammates, teamwork are required in this mode.
Structures and Buildings
|This is the site for crafting. To build this worktable, it requires Beginner Engineer Skill.|| Unlocks:
Shelter Tier 2
|This is the upgraded shelter that can be upgraded after building a Worktable.|| Unlocks:
|This is the tower that generates radar for players and indicates the location of black market for buying weapons. It requires Intermediate Engineer Skill to build this tower.||After building this tower, the player is able to upgrade the shelter to Tier 3.|
Shelter Tier 3
|This is the upgraded shelter that can be upgraded after building a Communication Tower.|| Unlocks:
|This is the final structure needed to unlock special buildings. It requires Expert Engineer Skill to build this refinery.|| Unlocks:
Shelter Tier 4
|This is the final upgrade for shelter after the player has built Concrete Refinery.|| Unlocks:
- Building Menu can be opened by pressing key.
- Skill Tree Menu can be opened by pressing key. There are 3 types of Skill set which can be chosen to upgrade: Combat, Survival and Engineer. However, it is recommended that each player should upgrade 1 Skill set only, due to their best performances.
Beginner Gun Mastery
|Level 1: You can use submachine guns and shotguns.
Level 2: Increases the damage of these types of weapons.
Level 3: Additional damage increases in these types of weapons.
|Increases the ammo capacity by 50% of the max that you can have.|
| Recovers health by:
Intermediate Gun Mastery
| Level 1: You can use assault rifles and sniper rifles.
Level 2: Increases the damage of these types of weapons.
Level 3: Additional damage increases in these types of weapons, the weapon price is reduced by 20%.
|Machete can be crafted at Workstation. Press key at the Workstation, crafting menu appears.|
| Increases Defense when you purchase Kevlar:
Advanced Gun Mastery
| Level 1: You can use machine guns and equipments.
Level 2: Increase the damage of these types of weapons.
Level 3: Additional damage increases in these types of weapons, the weapon price is reduced by 25%.
| When a certain amount of HP drops, you're invincible for a certain time.
Special Gun Mastery
| Unlocks grenades on the buy menu.
|Request an Air Bombing to the following area. Press to use.|
|Stamina, armor, weapon damage and amount of ammunition will be increased.|
| Increases the amount of wood and steel harvest:
|Moving speed increases by 5% in Level 1, 10% in Level 2 and 20% in Level 3.|
| Level 1: Able to find the nearby Wood easily.
Level 2: Able to find the nearby Steel easily.
Level 3: Able to detect the nearby enemy.
| Removal skill: Resources and money can be collected on some specific items within the map:
|Campfire is available in Recovery Facility section. Campfire can restore hunger and HP. Only one Campfire can be built at a time.|
|Crowbar available to craft at Workstation. Press the key on the Workstation, crafting menu appears.|
|Increases speed and damage of traps setting.|
|Decreases the rate of decline in hunger by half. When hunger rate is more than 50%, HP recovers by 1% per sec.|
|Have the chance to loot money, woods or steel from killing zombies.|
|Becomes half-invisible for 15 seconds and while the buff is still active, your speed will be significantly increased as well as any damage delivered by thyself is fatal. The buff will be gone either after said amount of time or performed/received any sort of damage.|
|Resource from inventory is automatically transported to the storages if the inventory is full.|
| Regenerates armor and automatic turret nearby. Auto repair takes effect only when idling.
| Level 1: Able to build a Workroom.
Level 2: Tier 2 Construction Speed +15%.
Level 3: Tier 1 Building HP +10%.
| Level 1: Decreases the number of required resource for construction.
Level 2: Additional Decrements on the number of required resource for construction.
Level 3: Additional Decrements on the number of required resource for construction.
|Claw Hammer can be crafted at Workstation. Press key at the workstation, the craft menu appears.|
| Level 1: Able to build a Communication Tower.
Level 2: Tier 2 Construction Speed +15%.
Level 3: Tier 2 Building HP +10%.
|Decreases the number of required electricity for a new construction object.|
|Allows users to collect resources from demolition of the building.|
| Level 1: Able to create Concrete Refinery.
Level 2: Tier 3 Construction Speed +15%.
Level 3: Tier 3 Building HP +10%.
|Creation speed will increase when you have a certain amount of Mental Gauge.|
|Able to use C4 Bomb. C4 Bomb can deliver damage to any object.|
Turret Tower Moving
|Able to move the built turrets to any place.|
After the Re:boot, Zombie Shelter is expanded.
- Mortar: The mortar will launch deadly explosive attacks toward the enemies.
- Liquid Nitrogen Cylinder: The cylinder will explode and freeze nearby enemies.
A knife used to make a jungle road in the jungle. You can use it for logging woods. It is thick and boasts a durable, strong power. In this mode, this weapon deals more damage to zombies and can make player obtain two resources in only one hit.
A tool used to pull nails. Surprisingly, its hardness makes it a powerful weapon. In this mode, this weapon can make the player obtain four resources in only one hit.
Hammer is used for construction modifications to maintain combat weapon specific. It has higher rate of slash, can fix damaged structures faster and can decrease build time, better than the original Shelter Axe.
- New Build Menu
- Shelter Tier 4.
- Shop Post.
- Plasma Tower.
- Electronics Tower.
- Mega Generator.
- Combat class: Stats Up.
- Survival class: Resource Transporting.
- Engineer class: Turret Tower Moving.
- New features
- Upon upgrading to Shelter Tier 3, the mini-map (radar) and black market position will be unlocked.
- Any buildings cannot be destroyed directly by latecomer players, that is individuals who come after day 5 onward.
- Rescue Request
- Succeed to defend the shelter until the helicopter arrives.
- All personnel must request for rescue to begin.
- All personnel must be grouped up within 60 seconds after requesting.
- After 60 seconds, you can apply again if the request is aborted.
- We receive the rescue request! Defend yourselves until we arrives!
- Communications recovery complete. From now, you can request for rescue through the Communication Tower.
Siren (when constructions are receiving damage)
Warning, hunger gauge is almost empty
Failed to place building
Building have been destroyed
- The icon for the Shelter Tier 4 was present back when the corresponding update was not released, however it was from the Old Zombie Shelter model.
- Like its predecessor, in this mode, if a player dies during night, he/she will spectate the others with a Night vision goggle automatically.
- After New Zombie Shelter was released in Indonesia region, there is a bug where players were still given the special mission for old Zombie Shelter instead of the new ones. Also, the old version of "City of Damned" can still be played.
- So far, the current maps for this mode have plenty of structures which cause bosses to get up there by jumping, making it difficult to defeat them.
- There is a bug where a player can get stuck in a building, if he/she was constructing it inside a solid part of the structure. This often happens when upgrading the shelter. Unfortunately, this hasn't been fixed yet and the only way to get out is by getting killed.
- This bug may be fixed by pressing the jump or duck key. In the worst case, the player can try to record a demo then stop recording it to refresh the model entity.
- Latency may be affected by the amount of entities presented in the map, this usually happens during night time because of the constant zombies spawning at a pace which increases each day, alongside the amount of buildings, specially defense buildings such as the Mortars or Gatling Turrets.
- Unbeknownst to players, gameplay has been yet again tweaked, some skills have been subjected to changes either to balance or give more advantage to players.
- Whenever a player uses Cloak skill, some might experience latency issues accompanied of Light zombie's and Regular zombie's death cry looping while the buff is active.
- There was a glitch related with the Cloak skill by which the user would be able to use it for an indefinite amount of time until it got patched with the Zombie Mode Rework update.
- There's a trick involving the Cloak skill whereby a player can defeat a boss quickly without use of weapons, it can be done in two ways:
- Plant a C4 close enough so it can damage even a little bit them. 15 seconds before it detonates, reset your skills to that of a tier-4-Survival class and trigger the Cloak skill; the explosion will be enough to deal with them.
- Engage the Cloak skill and quickly reset your skills sets to that of a tier-4-Combat class, prior to getting into the boss area lock-on to them, procceed to go once the projectiles are about to drop, it should take around 3 ~ 4 hits of the missiles while the Cloak skill is still activate to take them down.
- You must have earned the maximum amount of cash, which is $32000 in order to reset your skill set and at least survive by the eighth day.
- There was a common bug related to non-hitscan weapons whereby skills that were meant to buff the firepower would be neglected. Players would usually fire the projectile first and then trigger the Cloak skill in order to the effect be applied. This was patched in the 2016 update.