- Not to be confused with the grenade with the same model designation.
Remington M24 is an American 10-round, 7.62mm sniper rifle that boasts excellent mobility. Coupled with the weapon's exceptional accuracy and firepower, the M24 is sufficient enough to neutralize a human target in mid-range combat.
- One-shot-kill on head and gut
- Almost as quiet as Scout
- High accuracy
- Does not affect movement speed
- High knock-back/stun to zombies
- High reserve ammunition
- Light weight (as Seal knife)
- Cannot do one-shot-kill on chest and legs in long-range combat due to damage drop-off
- Low rate of fire if compared with most bolt-action sniper rifle
- Less accurate in long-range combat
- This weapon was released for duration alongside Ruin on 20 July 2011.
- This weapon was released for permanent on 11 January 2012.
- This weapon was released alongside Challenge mode on 27 March 2013.
- This weapon was released through Craft system alongside Open Beta Test on 23 September 2014.
- This weapon was released through Craft system alongside Open Beta Test on 26 March 2015.
- GIGN: Seen in posters.
|Mode||Buy cost||Bullets per clip||Ammo cost (1 clip)||Total clip (bullet)||Ammo cost (total)||Total|
- Aim for the gut area or the head for instant kill.
- Firing at the chest, hands and legs can still kill enemies with health lower than 90.
- It does not affect the player's weight, making the player harder to get shot in Sniper Battles.
- Always perform a quick switch (Default key: ) after a shot as it is much quicker and allows you to kill your enemy with your secondary weapon if you missed or if they are still alive.
- Use it in middle range combat for maximum performance as it is designed to be a middle-range combat weapon. Remember to lift your cross-hair slightly higher so that it will not shoot the legs.
- Always go with teammates if you are planning to rush as the M24 is designed to kill 1 person at a time.
- Although its light weight is an advantage for sniper, try to practice more when using this weapon since it might also make you slightly harder to aim.
- This weapon is also suitable for Zombie Escape since it is very light.
- Since this weapon is included in AWP Battle restriction, this is the most efficient weapon in close-ranged maps such as Roof.
- Strafing while scoping does not affect accuracy, use this advantage to get yourself better at aiming moving targets or jumping opponents.
- Be aware that even it still has accuracy while moving, does not mean running with this weapon guarantee a stable accuracy.
- Higher damage (+34%)
- More accurate (+4%)
- Same recoil (30%)
- More expensive (+$1750)
- Lower rate of fire (-12%)
- Heavier (+5%)
- Longer reload time (+1.0 seconds)
- Lighter (-14%)
- Higher magazine size (+5)
- Cheaper (-$300)
- Less loud when fire
- Same ammunition type (7.62 NATO)
- Same recoil (30%)
- Same reload time (3.0 seconds)
- Can be purchased by cash points
- Cannot do one shot kills on the leg
- Lower damage (-1)
- Lower rate of fire (-3%)
- Cannot do one shot kills on the chest
- Cannot be enhanced
- The weapon's scope image is based on the one used in Counter-Strike: Source.
- When the M24 is wielded, the player can move as fast as when wielding a melee weapon.
- Like the XM2010 and the M82, the rifle is held down and only brought up when fired.
- The original M24 in real life does not feature a detachable magazine. Insted, it is fed with an internal magazine and has to be loaded one round at a time.
- The gun in-game is likely based off the M24A2 variant, which does feature a detachable magazine
- Remington M24A2 at Wikipedia.