The TRG-42 is a sniper rifle that uses the .338 Lapua Magnum round. Designed as a precision tool, all details are honed to near perfection to satisfy the most demanding shooters. It has excellent penetration which makes all Kevlars useless. It is considered as an improvement of the AWP due to its lighter weight and better scope crosshair which leads to higher accuracy.
- Fatal damage (can do one shot kill except leg)
- Very accurate (especially with scope)
- Can be purchased by both teams
- Short reload time
- Obtainable only through crafting
- High recoil (without scope)
- Loud firing sound
- Low reserve ammo
- Expensive price
|Mode||Buy cost||Ammo cost (1 mag)||Ammo cost (Full)||Total|
|Original||$4750||$125 (10 rounds)||$375 (3 mags)||$5125|
|$4750||$125 (10 rounds)||$7500 (60 mags)||
- Aiming for the head is good, but body shots can still kill the enemy quite easily.
- It is not recommended to use this weapon in Zombie Scenario due to its low rate of fire.
- If you hit an enemy in the legs, finishing them off with a pistol is highly recommended.
- Do a surprise kill by jumping out from an obstacle and shoot the enemy. However, this tactic needs proper skills and practice because the wrong timing will make you miss the target and get killed by the enemy.
- Avoid no-scoping while firing this weapon because it is very inaccurate.
- Always perform a quick switch (Default key: ) after a shot as it is much quicker and allows you to kill your enemy with your secondary if you missed or if they are still alive.
Comparison with AWP
- Higher rate of fire (+1%)
- Lighter (-2%)
- Enhanced scope
- Same damage (100+)
- Same accuracy (100%)
- Same magazine size (10)
- Same ammunition caliber (.338 Lapua Magnum)
- Same reload time
- Higher recoil (+4%)
- Only obtainable through crafting
- TRG-42 Platinum Edition
TRG-42 Platinum Edition or TRG-42 White Gold is a variant of TRG-42 that can be obtained randomly from Code Box. It has different skin and lighter by 2%.
- 10th Anniversary
Special edition to commemorate 10th anniversary of CSO. Does higher damage and has chrome effect.
- The TRG-42 is essentially a modified version of the AWP. It has nearly the same reload animation and stats, but it is lighter and uses different scope reticule.
- TRG-42's firing sound is much louder than M95.
- In later updates of Singapore/Malaysia region, the TRG-42 Platinum Edition is purchasable from the Shop, albeit for time-constrained duration only.