Siege is one of the oldest map in Counter-Strike taking place in a POW (Prison Of War) stronghold located in a canyon. There are four hostages in different rooms inside this facility.
- Counter-Terrorists: Enter the POW stronghold and rescue the hostages. Take out the Terrorists without jeopardizing the hostages.
- Terrorists: Prevent Counter-Terrorist force from rescuing the hostages.
- Other Notes: There are 4 hostages in the mission.
Tips and Tricks
- Automatic weapons and shotguns are not recommended for this map as the wide-open area is more suitable for snipers such as AWP.
- There is an alternate way to reach the enemy's territory, by going through the sewers. However, it is good to have a backup following you.
- Many players will avoid the mines as using the elevator is too risky and opposing team members can hear the operating elevator.
- In Bot Original mode, farming [Bot Master] medal alongside EXP and points is recommended for non-cash players in term by playing as TR, just need to camp behind the desk and use any high-penetration weapons.
- The beta version of Siege had a drivable APC at Counter-Terrorist spawn zone.
- There is a looping wind sound outside.
- This is the one of the few official maps that has an operational elevator for players to use, though bots will never use the elevator.
- This elevator actually uses the basic concept of "func_door".
- This is the only map available since Counter-Strike Beta.
- In Terrorist spawn zone, there are glasses in front of the desk which actually reveals players' position but unrecognized by bots unless a direct contact is occurred.
- Siege at Counter-Strike Wikia.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.