The Steyr AUG A1 is an Austrian made bullpup assault rifle developed during the 1970s. It fires 30 rounds of 5.56×45mm NATO cartridge and is equipped with an optical scope, making it effective for long range combat. The Steyr AUG A1 has high rate of fire, accurate via scope and moderate firepower but has high recoil.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- High rate of fire
- Moderate damage
- Effective in long range (Via scope)
- Light weight
- Very accurate when firing via scope
- Long reload time
- High recoil (if fired full auto)
- Easily runs dry due to high rate of fire
- Low rate of fire when firing via scope
- Purchasable only by Counter-Terrorists
- Fire in burst due to its high recoil. However, its recoil recovers quickly.
- Frequent reload is recommended as this weapon runs dry easily.
- : Used by Special Air Service.
- : Used by GIGN.
- : Used by GSG-9.
- : Used by Navy SEALS.
- Soy: Used in Zombie File.
Comparison to SIG SG552
- Shorter reload time (-0.2 seconds)
- Lighter (-3% speed reduction)
- Same price ($3500)
- Same accuracy (90%)
- Same recoil (18%)
- Same magazine size (30)
- Same ammo type (5.56mm)
- Lower damage (-1)
- Lower rate of fire (-5%)
- The AUG is one of the few weapons that has the bolt pulled fully back before reloading starts, instead of pulled after reloading finishes. This technique is commonly known as HK slap, which is usable by various HK firearms. The G3SG1 also exhibits this.
- The old third-person models were carried over from CS1.6, which shows a different-colored finish with a different scope attached. This was replaced by one that better resemble the view model in a later update.
- Steyr AUG at Wikipedia.