The Steyr Scout is a 7.62×51mm NATO bolt-action sniper rifle which does moderate damage, however it is light in terms of weight. It is cheap and usually the best choice for players who have low money.
- After the Free Update patch, this weapon becomes a free default weapon in all player's inventories.
- Lighter than Seal knife (5%)
- Short reload time
- Cheap price
- Good accuracy
- Low recoil
- High stun power to zombies
- High reserve ammunition for a bolt-action sniper rifle
- Higher rate of fire compared to other bolt-action sniper rifles
- Unable to instant kill aside from headshots
- Lowest damage for a bolt-action sniper rifle
- Though accurate, it is less accurate compared to AWP when using the scope, there is a small chance the bullet will miss the target unless you crouch
Tips using Scout
- Aim for the head for instant kill.
- 2 ~ 3 hits are needed to kill a full health enemy, so one must be skillful in order to maneuver this sniper rifle effectively.
- Steyr Scout is recommended in Zombie Escape mode due to its weight is lighter than knife and therefore, increases mobility.
- Crouch in long range to get 100% accuracy.
- Its extremely quiet shots keeps you undetected by enemies, which lets you strike the enemies easily.
- Scout Red
Scout Red is the red edition of Steyr Scout. It has the same performance except it has higher damage than Steyr Scout by 1%. It is only available during special events.
- The bolt model is taken from the original Counter-Strike, while the scope and body models are taken from Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.
- Steyr Scout is the first weapon which is lighter than knife, the second one is Tempest.
- This weapon does lower damage than other automatic sniper rifles even though it is a bolt-action sniper rifle.
- Scout Red reuses the model from Condition Zero with different texture.
- This weapon is chosen to be the spawn weapon instead of MP5 in Mosque map.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Scout is replaced with SSG08 which has a higher firepower but heavier.
- Steyr Scout at Wikipedia.