The TAR-21 fires 30 rounds of 5.56 NATO ammunition. It is heavy, has high rate of fire and has the highest knockback power in the assault rifle class. It does medium damage for an assault rifle but has high accuracy and medium recoil. It has the same weight as M249.
- High rate of fire
- Has ability to zoom via scope
- High knockback power against zombies
- Accurate in long range
- Accuracy cools down very fast
- Heavy weight
- Lower rate of fire when scoped
- High recoil
A redesigned TAR-21 to provide enhanced features, typically the accuracy, fed with 50 rounds of 5.56 NATO. The Crow Reload System (CRS) is applied to halt the gap between reloads. By pressingat the right time during reloading, the CRS will be activated.
- TAR-21 has high knockback power against zombies. Use it as an advantage to knock away/escape zombies.
- Use the scope after shooting several rounds to decrease the recoil.
- Fire in burst to control the recoil.
- Aim for the head for instant kill.
Comparison to SG552
- Lower recoil (-1%)
- Higher knockback power
- Purchasable by both teams
- Shorter reload time (-0.4 seconds)
- Same magazine size (30 rounds)
- Share same ammo (5.56 NATO)
- Same rate of fire (91%)
- Has ability to zoom
- Lower damage (-1%)
- Lower accuracy (-1%)
- Heavier (+7% speed reduction)
- Lower stun power
- More expensive (+$100)
- Not free
- The TAR-21 is no longer a presentable game point item/weapon in the China version. This weapon can be obtained through special events and crafting instead.
- TAR-21's high knockback power against zombies is a possible reference to the film Resident Evil: Apocalypse.
- This is one of the many weapons which is applied with a rail system.
- This weapon could be obtained permanently in Taiwan/Hong Kong region through Mega Bonus event.
- TAR-21 at Wikipedia.