Trap is a fairly small square-shaped map. The players are spawned in the middle of the map, on a rooftop and surrounded by other buildings. The players must engage the zombies coming from all sides of the map in 5 rounds with 3 minutes time limit for each round.
Defending the construction site was not easy and our barriers have been destroyed at their hands and soon they will kill us slowly. A huge shriek and a blaring sound shook the earth just as we thought everything was over, causing the Zombies to stop their attack.
The sound echoed again, but we could grasp the words this time. A voice calling himself “Rex” told us an unfamiliar story. While we did not know who he was, we understood that he was the perpetrator of this case and capturing him would enable us to secure our freedom.
I gathered the survivors to the entrance of the rooftop - which was the source of the sound. There was to be no more delays. It's time to finish everything by entering the rooftop.
- From the advance unit commander Andrey's note found by the rescue team.
Trap was released on:
- South Korea: 7 January 2010.
- Singapore/Malaysia: 30 March 2011.
- Indonesia: 7 December 2011.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Blue origin Heavy Zombie - releases smokescreens in the same fashion as the Psycho Zombie.
- Green host Regular Zombie - throws zombie grenade.
- Pink origin Light Zombie - Posseses extreme HP & Attack + Fast Speed. Can jump really high.
- Both green and red host Regular Zombies throws accurately zombie grenades. One should defend on the spot they mostly spawn at.
- Depends on difficulty setting, players may move for occassional reason while holding their own spot so zombies don't cramp on one spot.
- It is advisable to play with speed-based and medium ~ high health points characters in this map. Primarily focusing on surviving the rounds by avoiding the zombies attack.
- The best offense is the best defense. Any A-tier or SS-tier weaponry is advised.
- For budget reasons in HARD 5 above, one may use Broad Divine equipped with Health Up Part and Vampiric Part to ensure survivability despite doing less damage toward zombie hordes. See Part System for more details.
- Otherwise, on HARD 7 and above, you can solo this map by using high speed-based character,[minimum speed level of 26/30] + Grade 5 Speed Part on either 2nd loadout or melee, and run around in circle. That way the zombie wont catches up on you. [Just keep on the lookout for Heavy Zombies trap that lying on the ground]
- There is a MOTEL billboard which mentions the following real-life companies: HBO, MTV, ESPN and CNN. The same billboard can also be seen outside the windows in Rats.
- If you slashed the ground at the center of the map with certain melee weapons, a blood splatter will appear. This easter egg is still plausible however, in Culvert, Another Truth and Last Ride chapters (boss arena only).
- Before Re:boot, the players are able to hit the Pursuer Zombie away from them with a Hammer.
- Before the 4 December 2014 of South Korea, this map consist of 50 rounds with 2 minutes time limit for each round.
- After the update, the number of rounds was reduced from to 30 for game balance purpose.
- After the 26 March 2015 update of South Korea, it was reduced again to 5. Instead, the completion required to get the medal was increased from 100 to 400 times.