A Japanese sword made for quick slash tackle. It has become renowned for its sharpness, compactness and strength. By using the Wakizashi, you can attack several enemies at a same time with its secondary slash.
Wakizashi can be upgraded to Dual Wakizashi during the Wakizashi Upgrade event.
- High damage
- High rate of slash
- Longer attack range than normal melee weapons
- Able to kill multiple enemies in secondary slash
- Available for most modes
- Has attack delay in secondary slash
- Purchasable with cash points only
- Long attack delay if primary slash missed
- Heavier than regular melee weapons
- Aim for the head and control your distances between you and your enemies is the key to master the Wakizashi.
- Wakizashi's primary slash's range is further but weaker than the secondary slash and can only damage a single enemy.
- Wakizashi's secondary slash is stronger and able to damage multiple enemies but has shorter range than the primary slash.
- Unlike Dual Wakizashi, it has attack delay if primary slash missed
- Recommended for Knife Battles and Zombie Scenario.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong & China: 29 September 2010
Singapore/Malaysia: 13 August 2013. Indonesia: 6 November 2013. Turkey: 22 January 2014.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
Comparison to Dual Wakizashi
- Faster primary slash
- Further slash range in primary slash
- Can attack multiple enemy with secondary slash
- Purchasable by both teams
- Shorter slash range in secondary slash
- Damages a single enemy with primary slash
- May: Seen in posters.
Secondary attack sound
Hit, Stab sound
Wall impact sound
- There is an unused sequence named "stab_miss".
- It shares the same wall impact and hit sound with the Master Combat knife.
- There is a bug where you can do a false slash by switching to other weapon while performing the secondary attack.
- The Wakizashi was used by Japanese samurais as a secondary sword in ancient Japan.
- According to game files, it's stated as Katana while for the in-game model, it's Wakizashi, noticeable by their length. In most Counter-Strike Online regions, they are stated as Katana except Japan.
- Wakizashi at Wikipedia.