|“||Another zombie is coming!||”|
— English announcement
Zombie Original or Zombie Classic is the first of the Zombie Mods in Counter-Strike Online done by NEXON Corporation with oversight from Valve Corporation. It is based on a custom mod from Counter-Strike (Zombie Plague). There are many improvements since the original mode, making it one of the most played mode in Counter-Strike Online. Bot mode for Zombie Mods has been released in later updates.
Zombie Original is round-based gameplay. The round starts with a 20 second countdown for players to select their weapons and equipment and find a spot to defend themselves. Once the countdown expires, players are chosen randomly to become the host zombie which health and their starting numbers can be estimated as follows:
- For round with less than 10 players:
|Health of Host zombie = Number of players × 1000|
Therefore, if there are 9 players, there is only 1 Host zombie but with 9000 HP.
- For round with 11 ~ 20 players:
|Health of Host zombie = ( Number of players × 1000 ) ÷ 2|
Therefore, if there are 18 players, there are 2 Origin zombies with 9000 HP each.
- For round with 21 ~ 30 players:
|Health of Host zombie = ( Number of players × 1000 ) ÷ 3|
Therefore, if there are 27 players, there are 3 Origin zombies with 9000 HP each.
- For round with 31 or 32 players:
|Health of Origin zombie = ( Number of players × 1000 ) ÷ 4|
Therefore, if there are 32 players, there will be 4 Host zombies with 8000 HP each.
The host zombie must infect all of the humans with its claws. A single hit is all it needs to turn humans into a lesser zombie and must also infect the remaining.
The zombie team is considered to be the winner of the round if all of the humans have been infected. On the other hand, the humans must either kill all zombies or survive the round unscathed in order to win.
There are several modifications for humans in this mode:
- Reserve ammunition supply have been doubled to a max of 200, barring some exceptions.
- In every round start, the weapons will reset and the player must choose a new one.
- The maximum health point limit for human is boosted to 1000.
- The human can only wear Kevlar vest instead of Helmet, and they do not protect against infection.
- The humans are unable to buy twice in the same round.
- Zombies can only infect humans with melee attacks.
- Zombies have very high health points (depending on the number of players), move speed and jump height.
- They take critical damage from melee attacks and explosives.
- Some weapons can knock zombies away.
South Korea version ("또 그들이 온다!)
Ditto ("우린그들의 노예야!)
Taiwan/Hong Kong and China versions ("來了 他們又來了!)
Japan version ("また奴らがやってくる)
Singapore/Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand versions ("Another Zombie Is Coming!")
Ditto ("Another Zombie Is Coming!")
CSN:Z and Vietnam versions ("The zombies will be back!")
Ditto ("We have been enslaved by the zombies!")
- Earlier revisions of this mode has only 100HP for human. This was later increased to 1000HP so that humans can withstand more fall damage and explosion splash damage.
- Unlike the Counter-Strike custom mode Zombie Plague, players will turn into a zombie when attacked even if they have the Kevlar. This applies to all Zombie Infection modes.
- Also, the last human can be infected as well instead of being killed.
- Zombie 2: Mutation - New zombies and human abilities.
- Zombie 3: Hero - Emerge of new heroes and zombies enhancement.
- Zombie Scenario - Massive zombie fighting with bosses.
- Zombie 4: Darkness - New zombie breeds and new features for both teams.