- Humans can now be selected as a Hero/Heroine or sidekick, each with their own set of select-able powerful exclusive weapons.
- Humans now has morale meter. Higher morale meter will increase the human's weapon damage. This meter can be increased by killing zombies, 10% boost for each zombie killed, with the maximum achievable boost of 230%. Being near other human players will give a bonus 5% attack boost for each player in the vicinity.
- The zombies will revive instantly after death (but before doing their respective death animation) unless if they were killed by a headshot. They will revive in full health and regain any armor points they have before death.
- In contrast to the human's Morale Bar, Zombies has the Anger Bar, which can be filled by taking damage or infecting humans (Heroes or Heroines gives a dramatic boost). Once it reaches its maximum, the zombie will evolve, increasing maximum health and armor.
- Lesser zombies are now able to use their skills just like their Host counterparts does, but with less efficiency.
- Main article: Double-barreled shotgun.
Double-barreled shotgun is a 2-rounds semi automatic shotgun that does a very high damage and delivers a great punch that knocks zombies away.
- Main article: Abyss3.
Abyss3 is the third zombie exclusive map in the Abyss series and takes place in the basement of Rex Research Institute.
- Battle Veteran: Increases the maximum achievable morale boost for humans by 30% giving the total of 230%. And grants instant revival for zombies.
Crazy Zombie Hero Event
This is a special event which is combined with Item Battle Renewal:
- Only applied to Italy,Dust, Assault and Estate during event period.
- The Supply Box is replaced by the special ones for Item Battle.
- All related medals and league score are not counted in this event.
- Reduces the cooldown of all skills.
- Zombie Grenade will restock automatically every 2 seconds after each use.
- Higher jump boost when using Zombie Grenade.
Zombie Hero Division Event
This is a special event relates to Zombie Hero:
- Only applied for Italy during event period.
- All related medals and league score are not counted in this event.
- When starting each round, all zombie players will have clones (clones can be in different zombie type and have 2/3 HP of the player's HP).
- When a clone dies, it will split into 2 other clones. The division can be done for 2 times at maximum. At the third time, the player will be dead permanently (cannot revive until next round).
- 'Recover' and 'Attack' skills are added ( and keys by default), can be used at anytime.
Random Zombie Hero
This is an event where humans are given random weapons and zombies are given at random too.
- 4 April 2019
- Added new weapons: Gungnir, Holy Sword Divine Order, Thunder Ghost Walker, Dual Sword Hellfire, Dual Beretta Windrider and Hunter Killer X-7.
- Available maps: Italy, Assault, Dust, Origin, Abyss 2, Militia , Estate
- Main article: Last Stand
- Humans: Survive the zombie attack or kill all the zombies.
- Zombies: Turn all humans into zombies.
- A random game rule will be chosen at the start of each round.
- Info on progress, statistics, missions, medals, and accolades will not be updated in Event modes.
- Press L to check the current rule.
- Random Rule Assault
- Random Rule Italy
|Zombie Fireball||Zombies will shoot a projectile as a special attack.|
|Standard Issue||Start the round with all players outfitted according to the purchase list of one randomly selected player|
|Out with a Bang!||Causes a 3 m radius explosion upon death.|
|United We Stand||Humans take damage when separated from other humans.|
|Structural Decay||Zombies continuously damage their surroundings.|
|Counter-Strike War Z||All humans become heroes to fight off a horde of zombies.|
|Hardcore||Weapon restriction (Classic), Ammo restriction, and Zombie Resurrection restriction applied.|
|Girl's Generation||All zombies will become girl zombies, and the 'Conceal' skill will always stay on.|
|Too Close for Comfort||All attacks are allowed only within 15 m of an opponent.|
|Second Chances||Humans get 1 chance for resurrection.|
|Change of Heart||Humans will resurrect into Zombies, and Zombies into Humans (50%).|
|Precision Shooting||All attacks count as headshots.|
|Packing Heat||Attack power of secondary weapons is greatly increased.|
|Marksman||Attack power of the sniper rifle is greatly increased.|
|Explosive Results||Attack power of throw-able weapons and Zombie Bombs is greatly increased.|
|Applied Engineering||Attack power of equipment-type weapons is greatly increased.|
|The Classics||Attack power of classic weapons is greatly increased.|
|Headhunter||Damage of headshots is increased.|
|Long-Distance Relationship||Attack power is increased when combat distance is greater than 20 m, and reduced when less.|
|Aerial Bombardment||Attack power while airborne is greatly increased.|
|Turrets Syndrome||Attack power while standing still is greatly increased. HP is lost while moving or crouching.|
|Run for Your Life!||Attack power while moving around is greatly increased. Attack power while standing still is reduced.|
|Low Profile||Attack power while crouching is greatly increased.|
|Random Weapon||A random weapon will be purchased.|
|Last Stand||A single suit will be supplied in the last minute of the round. Do your best to be the last one standing.|
|Spectral Assault||Zombies become transparent ghosts that can move around freely.|
|Give 'em the Birds||The supply box is now a chicken, and will be supplied more often.|
|Big Head mode||The head grows larger each time you are hit with a headshot.|
- Singapore/Malaysia: 21 December 2011.
- Indonesia: 15 February 2012.
- Turkey: 20 November 2013.
- CSN:Z: 23 September 2014.
- Vietnam: 26 March 2015.
- Main article: Zombie: The Hero: The Origins
- Main article: Z-VIRUS
- New zombies: Sting Finger and Venom Guard.
- New sidekick weapons: Poison Gun and Dual Nata Knives.
- New map: Forbidden.
- Added Zombie Enhancement.
Zombie Mode Rework
- Main article: Zombie Mode Rework
- New weapon selection for Hero and Heroine. Now Hero and Heroine can select which hero exclusive weapons to use instead of being locked to SVD Custom for Hero and Quad-barreled shotgun for Heroine.
- Previous Supply Box weapons are given to Sidekicks to choose at the start of each round.
- Now supply Box can be used to refresh ammo and/or buy new weapons.
- Can choose other zombie type after respawn.
- Room host can put zombie type restriction.
- Changed some of the zombie skills.
- Changed zombie stats.
- Main article: Z-Noid
Zombie Mode Rework 2
- Changed some Zombie DNA.
- Removed Zombie Enhancement.
- Upgraded the zombie stats.
- Changed some zombie skills.
- Increased damage to all Hero/Heroine weapons.
- Increased damage to all sidekick weapons.
- Fixed a bug where the same person can be the host zombie every round.
- Changed scoreboard and scoring calculation.
- Zombie Hero "Revive" Test event.
- Maps: Italy, Assault, Estate, Winter Shelter, Dust (China and Taiwan/Hong Kong only), Abyss2 (China and Taiwan/Hong Kong only).
- Human: Survive zombie attacks or kill all zombies for the given time.
- Zombies: Attack and turn all humans to zombies.
- If you are not infected and die as a human or killed by the explosion of a zombie bomb, you will be respawned as a zombie.
- After each round begins, permanent kills cannot occur for a certain amount of time.
- Enhancement of Human Hero: When you become a hero, your physical strength and armor are increased, and zombies are strengthened to prevent infestation.
- Added Hero/Sidekick private shops: If the human is hero or Sidekick, you can use a dedicated shop. You can use Top.50 (Hero/Sidekick) weapons and new weapons (Hero only) in addition to the weapons you have in your own shop. Existing Hero Weapons and Side Kick weapons have been abolished.
- Changes Guide
- View models of Regular zombie, Light zombie, Heavy zombie, Voodoo Zombie have been renewed.
- Fixed missing parts of some zombies.
- Banshee can now receive damage when using the Pulling ability but the damage is halved.
- Bot Zombie is now subjected to the revived rules.
Male Human's Scream
Female Human's Scream
"I'VE RETURNED" (South Korea)
Morale Level up
- The Anger points given by infecting the Hero/Heroine as a lesser zombie is 10 points, but it's only 4 points when you are an host zombie.
- The anger bar doesn't increase if a zombie suicides.
- Some weapons will not increase the anger meter for the zombies.
- Chances of being chosen as a sidekick are higher than being chosen as a Hero/Heroine.
- This is the most popular zombie mode out of all zombie modes released in this game.