|This content is obsolete and article is archived. Any information given are to be taken as reference.|
Zombie Enhancement was a feature in Counter-Strike Online.
After the 26th June 2014 update, players are able to enhance their zombies abilities. The enhancement must be done via level up based on their cumulative performances in-game.
Players can view their Zombie Enhancement stats in their Inventory tab in Barracks. Enhancing your zombies will upgrade a specific ability as well as a new appearance for the chosen zombie once a threshold is reached.
In a newer update, players can also use Zombie DNA in the same page to help improve these enhancements.
Three years after it was introduced, this feature was removed noticeably for game balance. Zombies are also greatly boosted in the new version of Zombie DNA, and the skins obtained from leveling up are now awarded via kill progression.
Performances and Abilities
The abilities to upgrade vary between zombies. Here is the list of ability upgrades:
- Jump a lot to enhance jumping. Jumping while crouching also counts. Jumping in tight spaces makes the quickest progress for jumping.
- Move around and infect enemies in open maps. If you need to make more progress on jumping, you can also jump while moving.
- Let humans attack you to enhance both headshot defense and normal defense, but don't get yourself killed. If you manage to survive human attacks, rest to enhance health regeneration.
- Try to use your special abilities as much as possible to attack humans.
- Health regeneration is the slowest to enhance, followed by jumping and then defense (not headshot defense). If you aim to upgrade your zombie(s) as quick as possible, you should enhance other performance types.
- Enhanced abilities, combined with DNA improvements, make great and powerful combinations, so choose suitable DNA abilities for the zombie you're playing.
- Use the "evolution enhance" DNA skill to get extra experience for zombie enhancement, which would make enhancing slightly quicker.
Zombie Enhancement was removed alongside the update of Zombie DNA on:
- South Korea: 29 June 2017.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 4 July 2017.
- China/Japan: 5 July 2017.
- Indonesia: 12 July 2017.
- CSN:Z: 24 January 2018.