Every round evolving zombie and human ability! Get a virus score through battle, consume your score and make a variation. Every time you make a mutation, you gain random power and become more powerful.
- Human: Survive zombie attacks or kill all zombies for the rest of the time.
- Zombies: Infect all humans.
- During battle, if you accumulate virus scores, your level will increase.
- You can increase the number of weapons and zombie classes you can use depending on your level.
- You can level up by attacking zombies as human, taking damage as zombie, and through round progression.
- When purchasing random weapons, only weapons that match your level appear.
- You start with the Battle Glock, Rather than the USP.
- Damage score will pop out on the target when you do damage to zombies or humans.
- Flashbang will be turned into Liquid-Nitrogen Grenades upon acquiring the "Nitrogen Grenade" mutation. Upon detonation, it will freeze (and push away from the center of detonation) zombies, rendering them immobile and unable to attack.
- Smoke grenade will be converted into Vaccine Grenades, which will damage zombies within the hazy blue mist it creates upon detonation.
Competitive Rule (BETA)
Copetitive Rule is a new system introduced in December 2021 update in South Korea for Zombie Hero and Zombie Z modes that introduce a new set of rules for competitive matches.
If it is set as a competitive match, all existing room settings are ignored and the game settings are changed to the set settings, and you cannot change the settings arbitrarily.
For more detailed information about the competitive rules, you can check them by clicking the 'Competitive match rules guide' button in the preview above and in the waiting room.
Competitive Room settings:
- Max Players: 32 Players
- Number of Rounds: 13 Rounds
- Round Duration: 3 minutes
- Weapon Limit: Cost Limit
- Manner level, No death > Kill limit
- Competitive Rooms can't be password locked
- No Zombie Permanent Death
- AI will be in the match
- Allies cannot attack
- Zombie Balance Auto Correction
- Map: At the start of the game, one of the six maps specified below is randomly selected.
- Cargo Ship
Weapon Cost Limit:
All weapons have a cost according to their grade, and the total cost of 4 weapons can be used only for the main weapon/sub weapon/melee weapon/throw weapon and less than 25.
If the total cost of the weapons you possess, purchase, or acquire exceeds the total cost of 25, you cannot purchase or acquire them.
- The amount of karma obtained is doubled.
- Random Human Heroes do not appear in Competitive Play, and you must use Karma to play as a Hero.
- Zombie heroes may appear randomly after all zombies are unlocked.
- Depending on the Zombie Z level, the fixed number of mutations increases, and some mutations do not appear.
Zombie Z Season 2
As of July 2021, Zombie Z has been updated with new features.
- System reorganization
- The maximum level has been expanded from 30 to 40!
- Damage dealt by zombies, increased dollar compensation for infection
- Enhanced zombie play in-game rewards
- The part where zombies who received fatal damage did not receive dollars has been fixed, and a common dollar reward is applied to the victim
- Mutation Improvement
- Mutation enhancement
- Only for the specified mutation among mutations, the performance of the mutation is increased through level system. It can be strengthened by 2. Up to 5 mutations per player can be applied to level system that you can apply/hold with 2.
- By pressing the ‘P’ key, one random mutation that can evolve to Lv.2 among the mutations currently held is converted to Lv. Upgrade to 2. You can check the application/result of the upgrade on the in-game screen, and the player's dollars will be consumed when upgrading.
- Mutation Lv. 2: If you have 5 or more, the Lv. one of the two variants is randomly replaced/updated.
- Mutation acceleration system
- Lv. through mutation acceleration. Can temporarily boost the performance of 2 mutations. When you use mutation acceleration, your mutation Lv. The performance of the 2 active mutations (according to faction) is enhanced for 5 seconds.
- Add new mutations and improve existing mutations
- Zombie 4: Darkness zombies appear
- Weapon purchase process and other gameplay improvements
- New weapon recommendation list page by level. Recommended weapons are displayed in the 'Favorites' display area of the existing purchase window.
- Improved the “View Recommended Weapons” system: Monthly Zombie Z mode purchases are displayed in order of most purchases.
- Improving probabilistic purchasing: Challenge REWARD+ will be added to the probabilistic purchase, and additional rewards will be paid when you achieve a kill with the purchased weapon. Applies only to weapons purchased by clicking ‘Buy Probability (Challenge REWARD+)’ at the beginning of the round.
- Advanced probabilistic purchase improvement: Increased usability by reducing the scope for advanced stochastic purchases.
- Close purchase window new checkbox: Added an option to turn on/off the purchase window pop-up according to the player's selection.
- Display HP bar for attack target: The HP (Health) bar of the enemy is displayed/activated above the head for an enemy that has been hit directly or has had crosshairs for more than 2 seconds.
- 1 July 2021
- 15 January 2021
- If a player does not own the "Specialist" mutation at Level 29, there is a 100% chance for the player to own the "Specialist" mutation at Level 30.
- The following mutations are added to the mode:
|Icon||Name||Description||Level 2 Avaiable|
|Painful Memories||For one round, marks the last player who killed you. You'll take less damage from the marked player.||No|
|Supply Contamination||Allows you to place Zombie Grenade on human Supply Boxes by pressing E. When a human approaches a bombed supply box, the Zombie Grenade will explode.||No|
- 24 September 2020
|Icon||Name||Description||Level 2 Avaiable|
|Bomb Defense||Damage and knockback received from zombie bombs is reduced. The reduced damage and knockback is applied to all zombie bombs.||Yes|
- 6 February 2020
Added the ability to level down. The level down button is added to the mutation list window (L key). 1 level goes down as $9000 is spent.(The ability is no longer available.)
- If there are no mutations that can be removed, 1 point will be deducted.
- The balance of Banshee and Voodoo Zombies has been changed.
- Damage taken reduced by 70% while using the Pulling skill.
- Range and pulling force increased for the Pulling skill.
- Voodoo Zombie
- The Heal skill now recovers 1,400 HP every 1.5 seconds over 6 seconds.
- Cooldown for the Heal skill adjusted to 14 seconds.
- Increased amount of HP recovered automatically to 800.
- Slightly increased Movement Speed.
- The weapons obtained from the Season Pass Pass will be enhanced when used in this mode.
- This enhancement effect will be applied till the Season ends.
- 5 September 2019
- 4 April 2019
- You can purchase recommended weapons directly from the Buy menu.
- Special weapons such as season weapons can be purchased directly, but they have been changed so that they can not be used as random weapons.
- Mutation acquisition motion time has been reduced (can be used while moving).
- The mutation value has been changed to keep the same room when reconnecting.
- Mutation error (double jump recognition) has been fixed.
- 13 December 2018
Weapons and Zombies Level Unlock (2.0)
Weapons and Zombies Level Unlock
- South Korea: 13 September 2018.
- Taiwan/Hong Kong: 19 September 2018.
- China: 19 September 2018.
- Japan: 19 September 2018.
- Indonesia: 19 September 2018.
- CSN:Z: 10 October 2018.